How to verify your website with Google.
By verifying your website, Google provides you with a range of tools that help you to see your website as they do. It also shows Google that yours is a bona fide website.
Once Google has verified that you own your business website you will be able to obtain lots of help and information about your search results listings.
Once you have initially verified with Google you can easily resubmit the amendments with a click of a button, through the website control panel. When your site needs to be resubmitted you will see the Google Icon to the left of the control panel enlarge with the message Click to Update.
1. Go to the web address www.google.com/webmasters/tools
2. Log in to your Google account.
3. Click the button “ADD A SITE” on the right side of the page.
4. Enter your websites address e.g. - www.example.co.uk
5. Click continue.
6. Click the heading “Alternate Methods”.
7. Select the top option ‘HTML file upload’.
8. In step 1 copy the string of alphanumerical characters, beginning with google and ending in .html. Do not include the brackets The code you are supplied will look like this –
Do not click ‘Verify’ at this stage but keep this webpage open as you will need to come back here.
9. Log in to your Reason8 websites control panel.
10. Click the button “Get to know Google” on the left.
11. Click Google.
12. Paste the code supplied by Google earlier into step 3.
13. Click submit.
14. Return to the Google verify page.
15. Click verify button at the bottom of the instructions.
16. The screen should show that the website has now been verified.
17. If the verification has failed, check the code in step 7 and repeat steps 7 – 16 if incorrect.
The website may not immediately show as being verified. The process of Google finding the file and confirming the content can take some time. If this is the case log back into Google later to check that the verification has been successful.
We have been in business since 2003. Back when the founders of Facebook were still in college, we were writing code and helping our users create great websites.
We have helped many thousands of our customers create great looking websites. Take a look at a few examples, created using our website builder.
DotGO website builder provides clever software to build and maintain your own business website.
We are motivated by helping small UK businesses achieve great things through the Internet. Our core business is run by a handful of professional, dynamic, hard working young(ish) people who have a passion for helping others. We believe that the Internet does not have to be a complicated and face-less, email-only environment. We bring together friendly customer service with a world class website builder..