This guide shows you how to make sure the quality of the images you add to your webpages is high.
To add an image to your webpage, go to step3, edit your page and click the red icon on the top of the editor bar as shown below.
When you build a website, the one factor above all others that will determine how well your website looks, is the images that are used. The DotGO website creation tools have a large number of powerful, fast and simple tools available that allow you to upload and manage your images.
You can choose an image from our library by clicking the [VIEW LIBRARY] button and searching by keyword. To upload a new image click [BROWSE]. After clicking browse you must search you own computer and choose an image to upload.
Using images on the internet is a little different from using then in your desktop applications. You must first tell the image how to behave by changing its properties and the text will wrap round in accordingly.
Once you have uploaded your image it will appear in the little image preview window of the image properties box. Change the properties and you will be able to see how it looks. (The most important one is the image position: Left, Middle, Right).
NOTE: If you want the image to be in the middle you must
1. choose the “middle” position and
2. centre justify the image once you have added it to your webpage
As the number of MegaPixels increase, digital cameras are producing bigger and bigger images. Uploading massive image presents a problem to any service such as ours.
1. Firstly, because upload speeds are only about 1/10th of the download speeds a large image can take several minutes to upload. Website users are not used to waiting such long times and we often find users start clicking the back button.
2. Secondly, your computer also doesn’t like waiting and will probably throw an ‘inactivity error’.
3. Thirdly, if the image is eventually uploaded the image is so huge that it will be much to big to fit on your site and you will have to manually shrink the image. THis makes it pointless in having such a big picture in the first place.
4. Fourthly, every time one of you customers clicks the page with the big image, it will have to be downloaded to them so they can view it – resulting in slow page-loading.
The Good News: To avoid these problems we have developed clever technology that will resize and optimise very large images.
The Bad News: The technology that compresses the image will result in some loss of quality
So if you want really sharp images then we strongly recommend that you resize your images to less than 400pixels wide. Or ideally the exact size that you want to use on your site. This will maximise the size of you image and the speed of your site.
If you don't have any image editing software then we can recommend a great tool that will help you resize your pictures: http://www.drpic.com its fast and its fun
We have been in business since 2003. Back when the founders of Facebook were still in college, we were writing code and helping our users create great websites.
We have helped many thousands of our customers create great looking websites. Take a look at a few examples, created using our website builder.
DotGO website builder provides clever software to build and maintain your own business website.
We are motivated by helping small UK businesses achieve great things through the Internet. Our core business is run by a handful of professional, dynamic, hard working young(ish) people who have a passion for helping others. We believe that the Internet does not have to be a complicated and face-less, email-only environment. We bring together friendly customer service with a world class website builder..