From October 1st 2022 we will be increasing our monthly subscription by £3+VAT.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly. It’s our first EVER subscription increase – so we wanted to take a moment to explain why.
As a small business ourselves we understand the financial pressures you are facing right now. We have always shielded our customers from rising costs. Unlike our competitors, we have never increased our monthly fees in 19 years.
Our costs have rocketed.
Over the last 2 decades we have witnessed two big recessions and a global pandemic. There have been tough times. But we have never seen so many price changes all happen at once.
- Our office building rent
- Office computers
- Office furniture
- Marketing and advertising costs
- Our telephony and network costs
- Our stock images and stock videos
- Our insurance and professional services
- Our domain name costs
All of these suppliers have put up their prices, in some cases by as much as 30%.
Much of this cost increase is out of our control. But some extra cost is our own doing. Like everyone in the country, our talented staff are struggling with the cost-of-living pressures and we recently decided to increase everyone’s salary a little to help.
But this hasn’t stopped us investing. We’ve continued to develop a new secure hosting cloud infrastructure (we call it the DotCloud).
We hope you have noticed how much faster your website loads now. It’s still just as reliable but even safer from ransomware and other attacks. However, all this hosted technology needs a lot of cooling and this cooling ‘eats’ electricity. Our hosting cost has been ramping up at an alarming rate. It has increased by 60% the last year alone.
What do you need to do?
Nothing at all.
Your next payment in October (2022) will be a little higher - £3 +vat
We will make all the changes on our end. You can of course update your payment card (if you need to) through your account settings - or call us.
Of course, we understand that every penny counts and we have done a huge amount of soul searching before making these changes. But we hope you can see the pressure we are under to maintain the amazing service we provide.
What does my monthly subscription pay for again?
We do EVERYTHING to make sure your business thrives online and you get the most from all our services.
Our subscription covers 5 important areas:
3. Emails and domain name,
Here are just the highlights of each area. There is so much more we do behind the scenes.
Support and help
- Dedicated account manager
- Premium telephone support 01883 776115
- We know your name and we know your website
- You are not just a number – we care about your success
- Our support team always helpful, always on hand, always jargon free.
- You probably won’t need us often. But when you do, we are always there
Technology and Hosting
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Blisteringly fast, super secure, enterprise class hosting
- Always up – super reliable. Managed 24/7/365
- Website hits and statistics
- Handpicked server neighbours (no hungry websites slowing you down)
- Twice daily backups between our data centres
- SSL (https://) padlock encryption website
Email and Domain name
- Free domain name registration and renewals for life
- Professional email setup and synchronised across all your devices
- Webmail. Access your mail from anywhere on any device connected to the internet
- Incoming email spam and virus protection : 4 layers of active spam and virus protection
- Outgoing dedicated delivery your mail always arrives and never ends up in spam
- Website forms automatically and manually checked for spam and delivered to you
- Website forms saved inside your control panel
- GDPR compliant forms, emails and mailing lists
- Website portal access 24/7
- Manage your own website content with powerful, simple editing tools
- Fully integrated blog
- 7 backups of every webpage allowing you to rollback changes
- Instant Facebook/ Twitter updates
- Plugin Facebook feeds /Instagram galleries
- Search Engine Optimisation – included
- Google directory submission: Direct links to submit your site to Google and Bing
- Google Sitemap: generated and submitted regularly in a language (XML) Google understands
- Google Analytics: Detailed information about your web visitors by using Google's service.
- Google Local Business Manager : manage your Google Business Listings and Google map pin
- Google Search Console and webmaster tools. See what Google knows and thinks about your website.
Should you be worried about DotGO’s future?
In fact, we’re investing in our own future more so than ever before. We have so many exciting new developments to share with you all over the next 18-months – all designed to help you grow your business online.
All will be revealed soon.
Thank you for understanding
Lastly, we want to take a moment to offer a massive thank you to each and every one of our customers. We know you, your websites, your history and your business, intimately! And we know how much of an asset your website is to your business.
Thank you for choosing DotGO as your digital partners.